Picture this: a warm and gooey peach filling topped with a liquid sugar, butter, and water concoction that miraculously transforms into a crispy topping as it bakes. It sounds crazy, I know, but trust me, it’s pure dessert magic.
And the layers! Oh, the layers. First, you have the heavenly peaches and cream filling, thickened with a milk and flour mixture. Then, there’s the crunchy topping that’s reminiscent of the crackly layer on crème brûlée. But don’t be fooled, there are pockets of melty goodness scattered throughout that perfectly complement the sweet peaches.
This dessert may have a rustic vibe, but it’s fancy enough to impress your friends and family at your next gathering. And the best part? It’s so easy to make! Just pour the liquid topping over the peach filling, pop it in the oven, and wait for the magic to happen.
Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on this delicious and unique dessert. So go ahead, give Tennessee Peach Pudding a try and thank me later!
Tennessee Peach Pudding Recipe
- 5 cups diced peaches peeled and fresh or frozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Cool whip
- Preheat the oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, and nutmeg. Mix in butter and water and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in diced peaches.
- Pour the filling into the greased baking dish, and then pour the topping on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, covering with aluminum foil if necessary, until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.