Are you a busy woman who loves cooking delicious meals for your family but doesn’t have much time to spare? Look no further because today’s recipe is perfect for you! This Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast is an easy-to-make, flavorful dish that will leave your family begging for more. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a juicy and tender roast that’s bursting with flavor. Plus, the use of a slow cooker means you can set it and forget it, allowing you to get on with your day. So, let’s get started and create a hearty and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion!
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 8 pepperoncini peppers
- Preheat a large skillet on high heat. Add olive oil to the skillet.
- Pat dry both sides of the chuck roast with a paper towel and season it with salt and pepper.
- Sear the chuck roast for 2-3 minutes on each side in the preheated skillet.
- Transfer the seared chuck roast to the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and onion soup mix over the top of the chuck roast.
- Top the chuck roast with a stick of butter and place the pepperoncini peppers on and around the roast.
- Cover the crockpot with a lid and cook the chuck roast on low for 8 hours.
- Once the cooking is done, use two forks to shred the meat.
- Serve the shredded meat with or on top of mashed potatoes.