A popular way to express gratitude after receiving the perfect gift at Christmas is with a Thank You note. Thank you sayings, phrases and poems can personalize an impersonal card. Some choose to send free e-cards instead of thank you notes for gifts. Whatever the method ensure that a persons kindness is acknowledged with these ideas.
How to Say Thank You
Thought and effort must go into a card to truly express feelings of gratitude. Something simple and straightforward like: “Thank you so much for the fantastic painting. I have displayed it in the lounge and have received many compliments on it. I appreciate that you also got it framed too!”
When writing a thank you note be sure to mention why you like it and how/where you will use the gift. Be sure to end the note with a thank you closing like “With thanks,” “In appreciation,” or “With gratitude.” The note should come across as genuinely grateful.
Thank You Ideas for Sayings & Messages
It can be helpful to use generic messages of thanks as a starting point. Use the following sayings as a starting point but be sure to tailor it to the sender:
- “Words can’t express the gratitude I feel for the lovely gift so I’ll simply say thank you.”
- “Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to choose something so perfect. You have a great heart.”
- “After spending Christmas together I realize that you are a kind, generous and caring person. I truly appreciate having you in my life.”
- “You deserve a bigger thank you than this card for everything you do. I will remember what you did forever.”
- “You must have read my mind, because you got me exactly what I wanted. I guess I don’t have to actually say thanks since you can read my mind!”
Christmas Thank You Ecards
Ecards are great for relatives or friends who live far away. The advantages of e-cards is that they are free and you can quickly send them to many people at once. You can personalize them with photos and music. Here are a selection of safe sites that offer attractive free e-cards:
- Smilebox – This site offers music and the option to add your own photos. Smilebox can be used to make thank you cards or even slideshows.
- AmericanGreetings.com – Forty-five e-cards are available in a variety of styles from elegant to comical.
- Hallmark – Eighty-six free e-cards can be found on the Hallmark site including some thank you cards. They are easy to personalize with a message and no sign-up is required.
Many struggle after Christmas wondering how to say thank you for a generous gift. Write memorable thank you notes using the above ideas to show you appreciation to loved ones during the holiday season.