As a child, I vividly recall visiting my grandmother’s quaint countryside home. The warm aroma of freshly baked goodies constantly wafted from her kitchen. While Grandma had an expansive repertoire of desserts, there was one particular pie she reserved for special occasions and surprise visits – her legendary No Bake Peanut Butter Pie. Its creamy, velvety texture coupled with a delicate balance of sweetness and nuttiness was the stuff of dreams.
Years later, I reintroduced this dessert at a neighbor’s potluck dinner. The very first bite transported everyone to their own reminiscent memory of familial love and comfort. It’s safe to say, the pie was a massive hit, and multiple guests approached me for the recipe. It’s an honor to share this cherished recipe with all of you.
How to Prepare No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Ingredients for No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- One package (8 ounces) of softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 generous cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of fresh milk
- 16 ounces of thawed whipped cream
- Two ready-to-use graham cracker pie crusts (9-inch each)
Directions for No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and powdered sugar using an electric mixer until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Introduce the peanut butter and milk to the mixture and continue beating until completely smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream ensuring a uniform blend.
- Evenly distribute the resulting mixture into the two graham cracker crusts.
- Cover the pies and let them freeze until they achieve a firm texture.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy?
Absolutely! Crunchy peanut butter will add an interesting texture to the pie. However, the overall consistency may be a bit different than when using creamy peanut butter.
What can I use instead of graham cracker crusts?
If graham cracker crusts aren’t your favorite, you can opt for Oreo cookie crusts, pretzel crusts, or even a traditional pie crust. The taste will vary, but the pie will still be delicious!
Is there a dairy-free alternative to the whipped topping?
Yes, there are dairy-free whipped toppings available in the market. You can also make your own by whipping full-fat coconut milk.
How long can I store this pie in the freezer?
The pie can be stored in the freezer for up to a month, provided it’s covered properly to avoid freezer burn.
Can I add some chocolate to this recipe?
Definitely! You can drizzle melted chocolate on top before freezing or mix in chocolate chips into the peanut butter mixture for a delightful twist.
Is it necessary to use an electric mixer?
While an electric mixer ensures a smoother consistency, you can also use a hand whisk. It might require a little more effort, but the results will be just as tasty.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 16 ounce package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 9 inch prepared graham cracker crusts
- Combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter and milk; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping until well combined; spoon mixture evenly into graham cracker crusts.
- Cover and freeze until firm.