- 5 lb whole chicken
- salt and pepper
- 5 clove garlic ; mashed smooth
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/2 c canned chicken broth
1. Wash the chicken with cold water.
2. Pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Cut off any of the excess fat on the chicken and discard.
4. Peel and Chop the garlic up.
5. You can use a garlic press if you have one , if not just chop up fine.
6. Using a knife press the garlic into a paste , adding a little salt to the garlic helps it turn into a paste quicker.
7. Spread half the garlic in side the cavity and rub the other half all over the out side of the chicken.
8. Sprinkle the chicken inside and out with paprika , salt & pepper.
9. Place the chicken in the crock pot and place a few pats of the butter on the breasts of the chicken ; Pour the broth around the chicken and add the remaining butter around in the broth.
10. Cover and Cook on LOW setting for 6-8 hours ; depending on the hotness of your crockpot. ( DO NOT RAISE LID DURING COOKING TIME.)
11. Serve the HOT garlic butter sauce over the chicken.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!