Need a great tasting and easy pumpkin soup? Maybe, even one that can be made in the slow cooker with no muss and no fuss?
I got ya covered !
I wanted soup…. enough for a small family, but not so much that it goes on forever. This recipe was enough for 2 people for 2 meals on a nice fall day. You could add some chicken stock to make it go further, but it will be thinner. Or, of course, you can double the recipe.
This recipe was developed by me, with what I had on hand. It turned out great and it is “Husband Approved” !
Easy and tasty, this Pumpkin Soup is sure to please on a crisp fall day! Cooked in a slow cooker, what could be easier? This makes a mild soup that will not overpower your main dish, salad or sandwich.
- 1 can vegetable soup ( I used vegetable beef, because it is what we had on hand)
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin purée
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 pinch of garlic
- 1 pinch of Herbs de Provence
- 1 pinch of Italian seasonings
- 4 slices of pre cooked bacon (chopped)
- 10 – 15 red pepper flakes (adds a little spice)
- less than a pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice mix
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker
Stir, until well blended
Cook on high for 2 hours
Change to Keep Warm setting until dinner or lunch is ready.