Sometimes I am embarrassed to tell people how easy this delicious candy is to make. It tastes very much like a Butterfinger candy bar, and can be made in about 10 minutes! (total time) I like to buy a lot candy corn right after Halloween when it is on sale so it can be a very inexpensive candy to make.
Cook time: 5 Min Prep time: 5 Min Serves: 12
- 1 lb candy corn (16 oz)
- 1 jar(s) peanut butter, crunchy (18 oz)
- 1/2 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 6 oz)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy corn in microwave on high in 30-second intervals. Stir every 30 seconds until JUST melted and smooth.
2. Stir in 1 jar of crunchy peanut butter to melted candy corn until well blended. Press mixture into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 pan. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate chips with 1 TBSP shortening in a double boiler or microwave. (I prefer the double boiler.) Pour melted chocolate over candy. Allow chocolate to set before cutting. I usually place in the refrigerator until mixture is thoroughly cooled.
4. Cut into squares. Enjoy! (Optional) Sometimes I drizzle some melted milk chocolate on top of the semi-sweet chocolate after it’s cooled just for decoration.