With a buttery crust, a luscious cream cheese filling, and a burst of cherry flavor, these bars are a true delight. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply craving a decadent dessert, this recipe is sure to please. So let’s dive in and discover how to prepare these mouthwatering Cherries Jubilee Cheesecake Bars!
How to Prepare Cherries Jubilee Cheesecake Bars?
– 3 eggs
– 1 package cherry chip cake mix
– 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
– 2 large 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
– 1 tub of cherry frosting (already made)
1. Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a mixing bowl, beat the cherry chip cake mix and room temperature butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture for later use.
2. Press the remaining cake mixture into a greased 9×13-inch pan, forming an even crust. Ensure that the crust is well-distributed and pressed firmly.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, eggs, and cherry frosting mix. Beat them together until the mixture becomes smooth and well-blended.
4. Pour the cream cheese filling over the prepared crust in the pan, spreading it evenly.
5. Sprinkle the reserved cake mixture crumbs over the top of the cream cheese filling, creating a tantalizingly crumbly and textured layer.
6. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes. The bars are ready when the edges turn golden brown, and the center is set but still slightly jiggly.
7. Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool completely. Afterward, refrigerate them for at least 2 hours or until well-chilled. This step ensures the perfect consistency and allows the flavors to meld together beautifully.
8. Once chilled, remove the pan from the refrigerator and cut the bars into 4×6 rows. Remember, these bars are incredibly rich, so you won’t need to cut them any larger. A small piece will go a long way in satisfying your dessert cravings.
– Ensure that the cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature before preparing the filling. This will help achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
– Grease the baking pan thoroughly to prevent the bars from sticking.
– For an extra touch of elegance, top the bars with fresh cherries or a drizzle of chocolate sauce before serving.
– Serve the bars chilled for the best taste and texture. The coolness enhances the flavors and makes them even more enjoyable.
Can I use a different cake mix flavor instead of cherry chip?
Absolutely! While cherry chip cake mix adds a unique and delightful flavor, you can experiment with other flavors like chocolate, vanilla, or even lemon to create your own twist on these bars.
Can I make the cream cheese filling from scratch?
Certainly! If you prefer to make the cream cheese filling from scratch, you can substitute the tub of cherry frosting with cherry pie filling. Simply mix together the cream cheese, eggs, and cherry pie filling until well-combined.
Can I freeze these bars for later consumption?
Yes, you can freeze these bars for future enjoyment. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Can I add some chopped nuts to the crust or filling?
Absolutely! If you enjoy the added crunch and flavor of nuts, feel free to incorporate some chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pecans into either the crust or the filling.
Can I substitute the cherry frosting with a different fruit flavor?
Yes, you can experiment with various fruit frostings to suit your taste preferences. Strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry frostings would all work wonderfully in this recipe.
Cherries Jubilee Cheesecake Bars
- 3 eggs
- 1 pkg cherry chip cake mix
- 1/2 c butter room temperature
- 2 large 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 1 tub cherry frosting already made
- Heat oven to 350. Beat cake mix and butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup.
- Press into 9×13″ pan. Beat cream cheese, eggs, and frosting mix together.
- Pour over crust. Top with reserved crumbs. Bake 45 minutes. Cook and refrigerate at least 2 hours or more.
- Cut into 4×6 rows. They are so rich you won’t need to cut any larger. Yummy!