..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Yum. Whenever we think of Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls & Mash (we call it Mixemup) my mouth waters!!! I love it and it is so easy compared to the real deal(cabbage rolls). I call it Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls & Mash because you have to eat it with mashed potatoes. It would be a shame not to. At least try it once with mashed potatoes, even if you are trying to cut back on the carbs! So here it is – your secret to cozy mouth watering bliss!
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Try this delicious casserole recipe that combines ground beef, cabbage, garlic, and tomatoes. Even kids who claim not to like cabbage can't resist this flavorful dish. For the perfect meal, serve it with rice. Plus, the longer it sits, the more the flavors meld together and become even more delicious.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small cabbage chopped
- 2 cans 14.5 ounces each low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 can 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
--Advertisements-- CONTINUE READING BELOW
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW