- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- cake mix
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange, undrained
Pineapple Cheesecake Frosting :
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) box cheesecake filling mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and oranges; mix at medium speed in electric mixer until almost smooth.
Spoon into 2 greased and floured 8-inch cake pans.
Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until done.
Cool cake in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on racks.
When very cool, split both layers.
Spread frosting between layers, on top, and on side of cake.
Store in refrigerator.