- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 – 3tablespoons orange juice
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour bottoms only of two 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pans.
In large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-coloured; gradually beat in sugar.
Add oil, orange juice and zucchini.
Stir in remaining bread ingredients; mix well.
Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake at 350°F degrees for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes.
Remove from pans; cool slightly on a rack.
In a small bowl, blend glaze ingredients; spread over warm loaves.
Cool completely on wire rack.
Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.