- 2 sticks butter, unsalted (1/2 lb., softened)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar (sifted)
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour, all purpose (500 gr.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar, granulated (for decoration)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, 1 cup white sugar and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the pecans.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto un~greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.