..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Nothing says summer quite like corn on the cob. We just love it, as long as it is no genetically modified corn! I always use my chicken bones to make broth and in the summer we sometimes start to get a backlog of broth since I don’t make quite as much soup. This chicken and corn chowder combines corn, chicken and broth and cream to pack a nutritional punch. You can top it with whatever you like,We topped ours with bacon and fresh cilantro from the garden. Yum!
Creamy Chicken and Corn Summer Soup
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces of red potatoes diced into bite size pieces
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- garishes: tomatoes avocado, cilantro, limes
- Heat butter and oil over medium in a large skillet. Add onions and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until onions are transparent.
- Add potatoes and broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender.
- Add the chicken and corn and boil. Reduce the heat and stir in the salt, cream and pepper to taste.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW