..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Growing up, my mother used to prepare this recipe which we affectionately called SOS, short for Same Ole Stuff. The recipe is incredibly versatile, and can also be made with 3/4 pound of browned, drained hamburger. The dish is a true comfort food that never fails to please. Preparing either version of the recipe is a breeze, making it perfect for a quick and easy meal. The flavors are so delicious that they pair wonderfully with a cold beer. To enjoy this dish, simply serve it over a slice of crispy toast, allowing the warm and hearty sauce to soak into the bread. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy meal or a delicious comfort food, this recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Creamed Chipped Beef On Toast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1 8 ounces jar dried beef
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add flour all at once to form a roux, whisking continuously.
- Gradually whisk in warm milk, increase heat to medium-high, and continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Once the mixture thickens, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the dried beef and cayenne pepper and heat through.
- Serve the creamed chipped beef over toast.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW