When I was a child, my mom used to prepare salmon patties for dinner. It was one of our family’s favorite dishes. Over the years, I have tweaked the recipe to make it my own and have shared it with my neighbors and friends. Recently, my neighbor asked me to make it for her son’s birthday party, and it was a hit! Everyone loved it, and I received many compliments. It’s a simple and delicious recipe that I’m excited to share with all of you today.
How to Prepare The Best Canned Salmon Patties
Ingredients for The Best Canned Salmon Patties
- 1 can (14.75 oz) salmon, drained
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, for frying
Directions for The Best Canned Salmon Patties
1. First, drain the salmon and remove the bones and skin. Then, in a large bowl, combine the salmon, bread crumbs, green onions, celery, mayonnaise, and beaten egg. Mix everything well.
2. Next, shape the mixture into four even-sized patties. You can serve two for dinner and save two for the next day to make a salmon burger with condiments of your choice.
3. In a large saute pan, melt the butter on low heat. Add the salmon patties and saute on medium heat until they are golden brown on each side and cooked through.
4. I like to serve the patties with boiled and cut up cooked potatoes, a hard boiled egg, cream gravy, and my candied crunchy dill pickles on the side. Sprinkle a little dill seed and a splash of lemon juice on the patties for extra flavor.
Can I use fresh salmon instead of canned salmon?
Yes, you can use fresh salmon instead of canned salmon. Just make sure to cook the salmon first and then follow the rest of the recipe as is.
Can I freeze the salmon patties?
Yes, you can freeze the salmon patties. Just make sure to place them in an airtight container or wrap them in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer bag. They will keep for up to three months in the freezer.
Can I make the salmon patties ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the salmon patties ahead of time. Just prepare the patties and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them.
What can I serve with the salmon patties?
You can serve the salmon patties with boiled and cut up cooked potatoes, a hard boiled egg, cream gravy, and candied crunchy dill pickles on the side. You can also serve them with a side salad or steamed vegetables.
Can I use a different type of bread crumbs?
Yes, you can use any type of bread crumbs that you like. I usually use plain bread crumbs, but you can use seasoned bread crumbs or even make your own by toasting bread and then crushing it into crumbs.
Can I cook the salmon patties in the oven instead of frying them?
Yes, you can cook the salmon patties in the oven instead of frying them. Just place the patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them at 400°F for about 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
Canned Salmon Patties
- 1 14.75 oz can s salmon….
- 1/3 c bread crumbs
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 c chopped celery
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 Tbsp butter for frying
- Drain salmon, and remove bones and skin. In a large bowl combine salmon, bread crumbs, onion, celery, mayonnaise and beaten egg.Mix.
- Shape into 4 even sized patties. Two for dinner. And two the next day for a Salmon burger. Condiments of your choice.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter on low. Add salmon patties., ans saute on med, until golden brown on each side, and cooked through. That is my new “ORGREENIC” Ceramic Fry Pan! I love it…positively nothing sticks!!!
- I like to serve a patties with boiled, and cut up cooked potatoes, a hard boiled egg, cream gravy, and my Candied Crunchy Dill Pickles on the side. Sprinkle a little dill seed and a splash of lemon juice on the patties.